Monday, August 19, 2013

Cutting My Ties With Sprint (a relatively short anecdote)


Had to call to make final Sprint payment because I couldn't submit online. For some weird reason, I was unable to fork over my money to the company online since I had just canceled and switched back to Verizon. At the end of the phone call, the guy said, "Alright! Have a great day and thanks for choosing Sprint." It took everything inside me not to blurt out, "Well, actually, I just chose Verizon because, after three years of miserable customer service, I'm fed up with the company you work for."

It's often hard to treat people the way I would want to be treated. I know how it's like to be told all the things I was thinking of saying to the folks at Sprint and it really sucks. I often get cut down because of decisions made by my employer; especially those decisions made by corporate with which I personally and vehemently disagree.

I probably wasn't as polite as I should have been, but I know I held back floodgates of verbal abuse that were coursing through my mind. Because of the ways I've been hurt by others' words, I have noticed myself damaging others less. I'm glad to have this perspective to make me a less horrible person.  I've still got a long way to go, but progress is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you've just read, please give me a +1! To stay updated on my latests posts subscribe by email and/or follow me on Google+. I'm also on Twitter! @jeremy_clifton